Monday, May 23, 2005

The joy of retail therapy - a FREE plug for Malaysia

What is it that compels women to just go out and buy stuff they have no intention of using or wearing?

I have no idea. I can say this much - if you're going to spend money on clothes and shoes -spend it in Malaysia. Why? Cause it's cheap.

I worked out some numbers for a couple of girlfriends in the UK, and I've found that they can get a whole week in Malaysia, airfares, 5 star accommodation and food, and assuming they bought 3 dresses, 3 skirts, 3 tops and 3 pairs of shoes - from the same brand, (I took topshop and MNG as examples) - for less than it'd cost them to live a week in london (assuming they lived outside it, and their place didn't have high st stores) and get those same things on oxford st.

Very compelling isn't it? I have to say, the girls are tempted. Then why is it that I'm planning a little shopping soiree in London in September? Confused? so am I.

No comments: