Sunday, May 08, 2005

Whoa there sunshine!

There was a time I was happier. When I worried or wanted for nothing. Is it more desirable to have it all but not be happy or is it better to be piss poor but have absolutely no wants or desires?It's a rather buddhist concept, which I find utterly fascinating.

Now Mr R - thinks the former is more desirable. He's madly driven by material wealth and I can't say I blame him. He's high maintenance and does indeed like to live it up. Fair play to him.
There are others who've been there, done that and say it's not what it's all cracked up to be. Moi included. A rather lengthy debate ensued with Mr R on this matter... I can't say I didn't see the point of his argument but I can say I am convinced he didn't see the point of mine.

1 comment:

SUZANNE said...

Yes i do have a dog. He's one of a litter of 5 and his name is Lucky :)