Monday, May 09, 2005

Let's have text....

I learnt a valuable lesson today. There is NO substitute for a face to face converstation or at the very least, a phone conversation. A very old friend of mine exchanged some text messages today - and I thought it got rather haughty and heated at the end, and I think there were several points of mine that needed clarity, and vice versa. So what did I do? I picked up the phone and called him Voila, in an instant, I got disarmed. As it turned out there was NOTHING wrong and I might have given the both of us the bum steer.

Short text messages are a way of life today in Asia. The language contained within is a language unto itself. You've got two choices - 1) Get with the program or 2) Type em out the long (and costly) way. As it turns out - the long and costly way may sometimes be the better way. Today, it would have saved me a host of headaches and hard feelings. Two SMS lingo Noobs make for some serious conflict - so if you don't know what you're talking about, or typing about - Go the long way around. C U L8R folks.

No comments: