Monday, May 16, 2005

To be magnanimous

An old friend whom I had a bit of a bender with early last month just made contact with me. I swore i thought that was the end of our friendship. I regretted it. I did think about it from time to time - but didn't want to be the first to say sorry. My pride wouldn't let me.

Guess what? - the one who looks like a complete idiot isn't her. I haven't "won", I haven't gained the upper hand. I feel completely stupid and I've been shamed.

JL girl - I'm sorry. I truly am. Shouldn't have happened that way. And thanks for having a bigger heart than me. You've shown me just how to do it. Thank you. :)

If you've got a friend you're having a problem with and you value their friendship - reach out and touch him or her. It makes a difference. It did to me.

No comments: