Friday, March 30, 2007

Suzy goes to Cambodia on sunday....

I'm off to visit Siem Reap and Angkor Wat this Sunday. I've been to Cambodia before, but only ever to Phnom Penh although they were short visits. Still, i found the people fascinating, so when the chance came up for a short break in Siem Reap, I jumped.

Now, Angkor Wat isn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea, but think - these relics are not going to be around forever. I am most certainly fortunate that some of them still are. I only feel sad for future generations that will never have the chance. Kinda reminds me of the Louvre Museum guide who told us that La Gioconda..... better known as the Mona Lisa has but several hundred years of life more before she crumbles to ash. Sad thought eh? Anyway - more about Cambodia when I'm back :)

1 comment:

Mabelle Me said...

when did you go?? *sob sob*
hv fun then...